You qualify for the $15k CDAP grant – but what does that mean, and what do you do next?
You’ve already confirmed that you qualify for the Boost Your Business Technology grant, and you want to know what the next steps are.
What is the grant for? How do you unlock the interest-free loan of up to $100,000? And what’s this CDAP-approved digital adoption plan you’ve seen mentioned?
We have the answers to these questions and more.
Read this article to find out:
- What is a CDAP-approved digital adoption plan?
- What do I need a CDAP-approved digital adoption plan?
- What happens after I get my CDAP-approved digital adoption plan?
- How do I start developing my CDAP-approved digital adoption plan?
Let’s get started…
What is a CDAP-approved digital adoption plan?
A digital adoption plan is essentially your roadmap to success.
If you’re here looking for small business grants and funding for digital development, then you want to:
- Improve your internal technologies to speed up workflows and enhance efficiencies
- Give your customer service software and data management an upgrade
- Boost your cybersecurity features to protect your Canadian small business from cyber threats
- Develop more competitive processes to stay competitive in today’s digital market
- Update all other digital technologies that will make doing business easier, faster, and generally better for you (as the owner), your staff, and your customers.
So, you’re in the right spot – and the CDAP-approved digital adoption plan will tell you:
- exactly what areas you should develop,
- work with you to outline how to reach your identified goals,
- and which investments you might want to consider making with your interest-free loan.
Why do I need a CDAP-approved digital adoption plan?
You may feel like you already have some pretty good ideas about where to develop your digital technologies, and which software you want to invest in.
You might be wondering: why do I need a digital adoption plan if I’m coming in with my own ideas?
Fair question – and we can assure you that the ideas you come with will be given attention in your digital adoption plan.
Important to note is that the $15,000 Boost Your Business Technology grant is just step one of funding.
In order to unlock the 0% interest loan and the youth wage subsidies to start actually implementing your digital adoption, you must have a CDAP-approved digital adoption plan.
Your digital adoption plan will only be approved if you work with a CDAP-Approved Digital Advisor – like the digital advisors at New Motto.
What happens after I get my CDAP-approved digital adoption plan?
The first step is to meet with a CDAP-Approved Digital Advisor.
During your FREE 30-minute Zoom session with our advisors you’ll be able to:
- See a LIVE sample demo of a digital adoption plan
- Ask questions about your specific business tech development goals
- Get help in the moment with registering for the Boost Your Business Technology grant
After this meeting, there’s no obligation to proceed with the plan.
You can say “no thanks” entirely if you don’t think the grant is right for you after all – or you can ask for access to the digital advisor marketplace once you’re registered to shop around for other advisors.
Once your plan is completed (within 4-5 weeks, typically), you and your advisor will submit this plan for approval.
Once that plan is approved, you gain access to the next step in funding: the interest-free loan.
Fun fact: 100% of the plans we’ve developed for our clients have been approved.
How do I start developing my CDAP-approved digital adoption plan?
This is the fun part – and it’s pretty straightforward.
- Step One: Book a free 30-minute Zoom session with a digital advisor.
- Step Two: Attend your meeting.
- Step Three: Request to proceed with the digital adoption plan.
- Step Four: Await plan completion.
- Step Five: Submit your plan for approval!
What happens after my plan is approved?
After your plan is approved, you can start browsing for a digital development agency to hire to start implementing your digital adoption plan.
Take a look at the services we offer if you’re already thinking ahead about who to hire.
Got questions? Reach out on the LiveChat feature and we’ll do our best to answer them.
We look forward to working with you!